What Does Recovery Feel Like?
Almost anyone who has had a lot of recovery and healing from traumatic
experiences and loss will tell you that you never stop healing this side of
Yet, for many people a turning point comes when they can say, "I am not
in that black hole any longer." It's like falling in love...when it happens,
If you have tried a particular therapist or support group, and you still
regularly experience one or more of these symptoms in relation to abortion:
- Flashbacks or nightmares
- Compulsive thoughts and feelings that started after the abortion
- Suicidal thoughts or feelings
- Depression or anxiety
- Lack of attachment to your children
- Social isolation
- Relationship difficulties
- Compulsive or addictive behaviors that started after abortion
Then we would urge you to try a different program or therapist. As they
say in 12-step programs, "You're not a failure until you fail to try."
Click here to read a good article on reaching out for help.